Sunday, March 14, 2010

Two Times

Anna has eaten Chinese food many times. She loves lo mein noodles and fried rice, and she can seriously put away some edamame.

Tonight, I took her to a Chinese restaurant, and I ordered some won ton soup. Here is the conversation that followed once my soup arrived at the table:

Anna: "What are you eating?"

Me: "It's soup, and it has noodles in it. Do you want to try some?"

I shamelessly used the word "noodles" to play on her love of all things starchy.

Anna: "Yes" (tries the soup with big piece of won ton)

Anna: "Can I have another noodle?"

Me: "Well, it's actually called a won ton."

Anna: "No, two times!"

Me: "No, it's a won ton." (annunciating more clearly)

Anna: "No, two times!"

It was terribly cute and I got a really good laugh out of it.

But I can't help but think. . .
We're still a good ten years away from teenager, and she already thinks I don't know anything. That can't be a good sign, right?

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Anna! Love that toddler know-it-all mentality! It's so entertaining!!

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP