Friday, March 26, 2010

A "Girl" Cut

On the way home from Anna's doctor appointment today, I decided to call and see if the hair salon near our house could accomodate her for a quick cut as a walk-in. I was told that "Gabe" was available and to bring her on in.

Derek had gotten his hair cut by Gabe at lunchtime, so after I hung up the phone, I explained to Anna that the same guy that cut Daddy's hair today was going to cut her hair. I thought she would like this, but she immediately got very upset and started demanding that a "lady" cut her hair because she's a girl.

I didn't really understand why it was such a big deal, so I kept asking Anna questions, and it turned out that she was scared that Gabe was going to cut her hair really short like Daddy's. And nothing that I could say would convince her otherwise. It was hysterical.

When we got to the salon, she refused to even look at Gabe, which was pretty embarassing, but she ultimately got her way because she got her hair cut by a very nice "lady" named Linda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP