Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bedtime Prayers


Each night, after we read bedtime stories with Anna, we say a short, sweet little prayer with her before turning off the lights. We wanted it to be easy enough for her to be able to remember, so after making the sign of the cross and folding her cute little hands in prayer, this is what she says:
"Dear Jesus, thank you for this day. Amen."

Tonight for the first time, after she was done, I asked her if there was anything else she wanted to thank Jesus for. She nodded her head yes and said without even thinking about it, "Elmo."

After Oscar and a few other characters, she finally got around to Mommy & Daddy with some prodding.



Good to know where we rank.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Texas cowgirl pictures--too cute! As far as Anna's thank-you's, look on the bright side... you made the list :)

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP