Monday, March 29, 2010

Little Ears

We got to church early this past Sunday because it was Palm Sunday, and the seats at our church have a tendency to fill up really quickly - especially on holy days of obligation.

Anna had to go potty, so after we found our seats, Derek held them while I took Anna to the restroom. There is a small restroom in the cry room, which was conveniently right behind where we were sitting, so that's where we went. Unfortunately, once we got in there, we realized that it smelled awful. Anna grabbed her nose and said, "Mommy, it's stinky!" then refused to use that potty.

So I decided to take her to the bigger restroom in the back of the church, but I first wanted to let Derek know where we were going so he wouldn't worry. We went back to the pew where Derek was sitting on the end and I very quietly whispered to him, "Someone let the dogs out in there, so I'm taking Anna to the other one." I thought that was discreet enough.

Then we start to walk away, and Anna says loudly, "Mommy, who let the dogs out?"

Let's just say I'm very thankful that we were early and that there weren't too many people there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP