Sunday, March 14, 2010

My "Big Girl"


With her third birthday only DAYS away, I have been thinking a lot about the fact that my "baby" isn't such a baby anymore. Apparently, I'm not the only one. . .

Tonight, Anna and I went to dinner together, just the two of us since Derek was driving back from a fishing trip. When the waitress came to take our drink orders, I told her that I wanted iced tea and Anna chose water. Not too long after that, another waiter asked our waitress if he could help her, and she asked him to get our drinks.

Within ear-shot of us, she said, "Iced tea for the lady, and water for the baby."

I didn't think anything of it, but when she walked away, Anna looked at me and said, "Mommy, where's the baby?"

I tried to convince her that the waitress was talking about her, but she just kept saying, "Nooooooo!" like it was the most preposterous thing she had ever heard.

Stick a dagger in my heart, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP