Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rose-Colored Glasses

Main Entry:
rose–colored glasses

: favorably disposed opinions : optimistic eyes


Here is my Anna. In her Princess pajamas. With her Princess blanket. Feeding her Princess Aurora doll a chocolate chip cookie. For emphasis (in case the "pink" or "princess" theme wasn't obvious enough), I even processed the picture with Eye Candy's Vintage Overlay Pink Princess action.

Toddlers see the world through rose-colored glasses. . .

In their world, there are only two times of the day: nap time and play time.
In their world, there are no mortgages, no bills, no worries.
In their world, there is no hurt that Mommy & Daddy's kisses can't heal.
In their world, even dolls can eat dessert. And never gain a pound.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have our own adult-sized pair of toddler goggles? The world might just be a little...well, rosier. And that's always a good thing.

Thank you Anna for constantly giving me perspective, and for making the world a rosier place just by letting me be in it with you and see it through your eyes in beautiful rose-colored glimpses. You are such an unbelievable blessing.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP