Monday, June 22, 2009

Life's a Beach

Saturday afternoon, we made a trip to Stewart Beach in Galveston with Woss, Cole, Viva & sweet visiting cousin Amaris. I'm really not sure why we've never done it before, but we'll definitely do it again soon because the girls had a blast!

After having dinner at the Rainforest Cafe (where Anna was terrorized by the mascot Cha Cha the frog), we didn't have much time on the beach before the sun set, but I think it was perfect for a first visit. The only thing that suffered a bit were my photos since I don't have the equipment to handle low light. . .yet. (Yes, Derek. That comment was totally for you. Surely I have a birthday coming up or something, right?)

But I digress. . .So no, Galveston is not Florida with its blinding white sand and gorgeous blue water, but this was Anna's first beach experience and she was pretty enamored with everything about it. She loved walking in the surf, playing in the sand, and lugging sand around in her little wagon. Derek took her out to a little sand bar, and she thought she was pretty cool. . .

I was fairly unsuccessful at getting shots of her because I apparently was very uninteresting in comparison to the beach. She wouldn't even look up when I called her name and none of my usual tricks worked, but here are a couple anyway. . .
I don't know if it's the fact that she's younger, happier, or the fact that I'm not her momma, but Olivia, on the other hand, was a lot more willing to flash me some big, beautiful smiles. . .

She also ate some sand, but hey - even that was kind of cute. . .

Does this remind anyone else just a little bit of American Gothic? Haha!

And I had to include one of unbelievably sweet Amaris.
(So glad you're here!)

Can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP