Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Monkey-Approved

I don't know how often you're *supposed* to get a new couch, but let's just say that I was quite attached to our old one. I bought it for my first real apartment when I was right out of college, very shortly after I moved to Houston. (We won't discuss how long ago that was.) It was a sectional - affectionately dubbed the "L-Bed" by our dear friends Michele & Matt - and man, was it comfortable. You could just sink into it and lose yourself for days. Okay, maybe not days...but it felt like it sometimes.

Anyway, the point is the that L-Bed was not very kid-friendly. It was a light khaki twill material that is probably the most unforgiving material on the face of the earth next to silk or satin. You couldn't even get away with getting a little water or condensation on it because there would be a watermark to constantly remind you of your wrongdoing. So by the time Anna came along, we knew that the L-Bed's days were limited.

We FINALLY got around to buying a new couch over Mother's Day weekend, and it's definitely growing on me. It's brown chenille with beautiful throw pillows and it's stain-treated. But even more importantly, it's monkey-approved. . .

Approved for giggles.

Approved for smiles.

Approved for hide-and-seek.

And that's pretty much all the approval this mommy needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP