Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's Fun To Play at the. . .

Y-M-C-A!
Summer is here, so Friday evening while Derek was cutting the grass, I decided to bring Anna over to the YMCA pool for some fun. The sun was setting and it was getting a little cool, so I tried to talk Anna into staying as submerged as possible for the warmth factor.

Here she is in her Kelly's Kids seersucker bikini with Abby Cadabby, her swimming buddy.

Anna and Abby staying warm in the shallow end.

But that didn't last very long, because then she spotted the splash pad...and it was all over.


She loved watching the water shoot up and trying to drink it. I tried to convince her that it wasn't a water fountain and that the water was yucky, but I don't think she believed me (as evidenced above).

After a while of being out of the pool at the splash pad her lips were turning blue and her little teeth were chattering, but she just did not want to quit. I'm sure any parent can imagine how that ended (hint: not good), but it was worth it for the fun we had while it lasted. lol.

Hopefully, we'll be spending a lot more time at the Y this summer. Maybe even some swim lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP