Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Today,was Derek's birthday, so Derek and I both took a day of vacation and took our little monkey to the zoo. We were looking forward to a quiet mid-week zoo visit, but when we pulled up (surprise, surprise) there were tons of school buses in the parking lot. I think I have a four leaf clover stuck up my butt. Really.

Despite the crowd and the heat, we had a great family day. Anna loved the animals, especially the elephants which she asked to see over and over again. Even the whole car ride to the zoo, she kept telling us, "I see el-fent now!"

Note to self: Do not ever work Anna up about something ahead of time. Toddlers have no concept or understanding of tomorrow. Or later. Or after your nap. At all.


Here are a few of the cast of characters we saw at the zoo. . .


Anna's still not a huge fan of the carousel, but I'm hoping that will change with time.

One of these days she is going to sit on a carousel animal so that Mommy can take a picture. For now, Daddy's shoulders will have to do. . .


Happy Birthday, Daddy!

We love you!
Mommy & Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP