Monday, October 6, 2008

My Boo-tiful Birthday Surprise

Alternate Title: Congratulations, you're OLD!

My wonderful husband and parents threw me a surprise party for my 30th birthday this past Saturday. It was Halloween-themed because it's October and well, I've always loved Halloween and the fall, ever since I was a child.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not huge on surprises. Because I'm a planner, and it's really hard to plan on something that you don't even know about. But I think that was the point. And after I got over the initial shock, I was really grateful.

My mom handled most of the details, and in true Schober fashion, she went over the top (in a good way, of course!) There was a jumper for the kids, a snow cone machine (because yes, it is still hot in Houston in October), bobbing for apples, a HUGE cake, lots of balloons, fun decorations and some really great treat bags.

I got to see lots of friends and family that I don't get to see as often as I would like, so that was probably the best treat of all. So thanks to everyone who came and to everyone that worked so hard to surprise me. It was a great cushion to the blow of turning OLD, and it's not something I will forget anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP