Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bluebonnets

I'm not a native Texan, but my daughter is, so I figured I owe it to her to follow some of those Texan traditions - like bluebonnet pictures!

Last Friday afternoon after work, MawMaw, Anna & I set out in search of some bluebonnets. My parents just moved to Houston in the last couple of years and my mom had never seen a bluebonnet. She was cracking me up on the ride over there, because she kept calling them "bluebells." Made me laugh. . .then crave some ice cream!

We finally managed to find a really beautiful field, but we got a later start than we intended to, and not only was it overcast, but we were losing daylight fast. Here are the few I was able to salvage. . .

We warned Anna that she wasn't allowed to pick the blue ones, so she spent all of her time finding and picking a nice little bouquet of the yellow and purple ones, as you can probably tell from the pictures!



I'm hoping to make it out there again with Anna one afternoon this week before the Bluebonnets are gone and hopefully have some better light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP