Thursday, April 15, 2010

10 Things I Love About You


Dear Anna -

Every day you are changing, and doing and learning new things. So before you start doing and learning something else and my memory fails me, here are 10 things that I love about you, right this minute:


  1. How you think that everything you eat turns your tongue a color, and you constantly stick it out when you're eating and tell me to look at it. Then I have to pretend that grapes turn your tongue a really cool shade of green or that bananas make it yellow.

  2. How you have heard your daddy tell me "no makeup" before we leave for work in the morning so many times, that you think it's the natural companion to "goodbye" and "I love you" - and how you've used it recently on both Daddy and MawMaw much to our amusement.

  3. How any injury can be cured with a kiss, a bandaid, or a baggie of ice. Sometimes all three if it's a real tragedy.

  4. How sometimes, you just spontaneously give me a huge, tight hug and say, "I love you, Mommy" with such emotion, for no reason at all.

  5. How when you sing certain songs at home, they are immediately followed by, "Can I have a sticker now?", just because you get a sticker when you sing them at school.

  6. How every time we read a story or watch a movie, you're always asking me, "What happens next?", no matter how many times you've heard or seen it.

  7. How you have to bring at least one of your "babies" everywhere we go, and how you make us put them in a seatbelt when riding in the car.

  8. How when you do things yourself, you are so proud and say that you did it "by my own."

  9. How you are obsessed with matching, and are constantly pointing out ways that we "match" - if we both have necklaces on, if we are both wearing sandals, if we both have a sticker on our hand. And if Daddy makes your milk in a sippy cup with the wrong top, you refuse to drink it until he finds the top that "matches".

  10. How every night before we say our bedtime prayers, you make us all dip our hands in imaginary holy water before we make the sign of the cross.

Can't wait to see what I'll love about you next, baby girl!

All my love always,

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP