Sunday, January 17, 2010

Snow Day - December 4, 2009

*Note: I'm going to try to go back in fill in a little bit of what I missed, so please bear with the dates jumping around!

We don't get snow much here in the deep south, but on December 4, 2009, it snowed in Houston, Texas! We picked Anna up from school early so that she could enjoy it while it was still coming down.

She really loved getting to wear her mittens ("glubs") and just had a blast playing in the snow.


I think that she really would have loved to make a snowman, but this was the best we could do.

She had a little trouble at first when I was trying to explain to her that she could "eat" the snow. . .But she eventually got the hang of it!

We drew in the little bit of accumulation we got on the patio chairs, then Anna started complaining about being cold. Her little mittens had soaked through from all of the snow she picked up, and her hands were freezing!



And so our 2009 snow day ended. Hopefully, she'll get to see some REAL snow in the next couple of years!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! Looks like she had a blast playing in the Houston blizzard! Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP