Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Here Comes the Sun



We have been really busy this month, and I'll be the first to admit that I am way behind. I still need to post pictures from our camping trip weekend before last, and this past weekend was just non-stop - two birthday parties, a visit with some friends, and a long overdue family portrait session with Mackenzie Wheatley of Chubbyfoot Photography.


Hopefully, I'll have some pictures to share from our Chubbyfoot session in the next week or so, but until then, here are a few that I snapped of Anna at a park near our house on the way home from one of her parties on Saturday. I can't seem to look at them without humming The Beatles' song "Here Comes the Sun" not only because of the beautiful warmth in them, but even more so because of how darn happy they are and how much fun she had!


Anna made fast friends with this stick as soon as we got there.

She played in the water with it. . .

. . .and she even put her "game face" on and used it to fend off trees, monsters and Mommies!

Then she got distracted by all of the other fun things around her. Like pine needles. . .

. . .and peek-a-boo trees. . .

. . .and she even built a "house" for me out of pebbles from the walkway.

Then just before we left, I begged her to give one last smile for Mommy. I was shocked, but without a fight, she cocked her little shoulder up and just smiled away for me. I'm not sure where she learned that pose, but that's not unusual because I don't know where she gets most of what she does!


Then we hopped in the car and headed home. . .in the sunset.

"Here comes the sun. . .doo doo doo doo"

(Stuck in your head yet?)


No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP