Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Are You Okay?

Back in the Spring, Anna had a little choking episode with a Lifesaver candy that was honestly one of the scariest moments of my life. So I have to admit that I now have the tendency to overreact when she has a coughing fit. I immediately start asking her, "Are you okay? Are you okay?..." until she answers me. And she's young, but I've made sure that she understands that I'm asking because I'm scared and how important it is to let me know that she's alright.

That little backstory brings me to this morning. . .
I had just gotten Anna dressed for school, and she was awake but still stumbling around a little. She was cutting through the dining room to get to me in the kitchen, and I heard Derek yell, "Whoa, Anna!" just as she apparently almost walked head-first into the corner of the dining room table. So when she emerged in the kitchen, I said, "Anna, are you okay?"

She looked up at me with a confused look on her face and said, "I not cough, Mommy!"

How do they get so smart?!

1 comment:

  1. That's funny! Dylan asks me if I'm OK every time I cough after I started asking him if he's OK after he coughs. Close to bedtime, as preparation, I tell him he has two minutes before bath. Now, after that two minutes is up and I tell him it's bath time, he looks at me and says "two more minutes." These kiddos sure know how to make us smile!! The worst is when they say or do something funny, but the cirucumstance calls you to discipline them for it!!

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP