Thursday, May 27, 2010

Simply Observant

Yesterday afternoon after I picked her up from school, Anna came with me to run a couple of errands - first, to mail a few things, then to the grocery store. At the grocery store, I bought a Simply Lemonade with Raspberry for us to share while we shopped.



Anna was immediately enamored with the drink because - well, because it was pink. But she was also delighted to find that because of the shape of the top, she was able to take it off and put it back on all by herself. Oh, the liberation!

After shopping for a while (and her putting a pretty good hurtin' on the drink!), I looked over at her, and she had the drink under her shirt and was trying to open it with her shirt. Here's what followed:



Me: "Anna, what are you doing?"



Anna: "Opening my drink with my shirt."



Me: "Who does that?!" (thinking it's probably someone at her school or something)



Anna: "My daddy does that. With his beer."



It always tickles me to find how observant she is, although I told Derek this story and he claims he doesn't use his shirt to open bottles. She was kind of specific, though, so I'm thinking maybe - just maybe - he did it once. And she doesn't miss a trick!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP