Sunday, August 16, 2009

Live and Learn

Yesterday, I was in search of some wispy grass after being inspired by some pictures I saw that were taken by Shalonda Chaddock of Chubby Cheek Photography. Shalonda was kind enough to share her location with me, which just so happened to be right on my side of town, so I decided to take Anna on a little field trip.

I got some okay shots yesterday in a similar location, so I decided to try for a few more on the way home from Anna's hair cut today.

Here are a few things I learned:
  1. A kid that is falling asleep in the car after a hair cut and 3 hours at the mall probably isn't interested in jumping out for an impromptu photo shoot.

  2. An open field is probably not the smartest place to be at three o'clock in the afternoon. In the South. In August. When it's 100 degrees out.

  3. This is also not the most optimal time for lighting.

  4. Telling your daughter that she shouldn't run away from you in a field of long grass because "there might be snakes" may not be the most productive way of getting her to stay in the field so that you can get far enough away from her to take a picture.

That is all the wisdom I have to impart today. Please stay tuned for more obvious lessions I have learned. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

I'm a mother, a wife, and a business systems analyst for a major technology company. Some days I'm good at all three, some days I suck at them all. Between diapers, laundry and late night conference calls, it's all just part of the fun of being a working mom. This blog will share some of my thoughts and adventures in sleep-deprivation. Enjoy, and please do leave comments so I'll know you were here!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP